Calcium stearate is a white and waxy powder found in many surfactant and some lubricants. It is sold commercially in the form of a dried powder, spray, or one-half dispersion in water.
Calcium stearate is a white and waxy powder found in many surfactants and some lubricants. It is sold commercially in the form of a dried powder, spray, or one-half dispersion in water.
Calcium stearate is carboxylate of calcium that is found in some lubricants and surfactants. Calcium Stearate is a white waxy powder and is also the main component of soap scum.
Calcium Stearate is commonly used in products such as foods, fabrics, concrete, paper, plastics, and many more.
Some common applications of calcium stearate include:
* Food additive (known as generic E number "E470")
* Calcium stearate as Flow agent in powders
* Calcium stearate as Hard candy surface conditioner
* Calcium stearate as Waterproofing agent for fabrics
* Calcium stearate as Crayon and pencil lubricant
* Calcium stearate as Food Additives. Anticaking. USP grade
* Calcium stearate uses in Plastic Compounding and Masterbatch
* Calcium stearate uses in Polyolefin manufacture
* Calcium stearate uses in PVC pipe
* Calcium stearate uses in Coatings
Common industries of use:
Concrete industry: Calcium stearate is also utilized heavily in the concrete industry as an efflorescent agent to control cementitious products used to produce blocks and pavers, in addition to waterproofing.
Paper industry: Calcium stearate is Used as a lubricant to ensure adequate surface gloss, thereby preventing fold cracks and surface dusting.
Plastics industry: Calcium stearate is Used as an acid neutralizer, release agent, lubricant, and plastic colorant concentrator.
Pharmaceutical industry: Calcium stearate is used in pharmaceuticals and personal care products as a gelling and antitack agent. In addition, calcium stearate often serves as a tablet mold release agent in these arenas.
Fanchem have helped multiple customers, and industries from small end users to large Fortune 500 customers, with their Calcium stearatee supply requirements and can ship bulk and various packaged products to meet such needs.